With the cold weather upon us, the girls and I have to get creative in our playtime adventures. They love to help in the kitchen so we decided to make some Apple Cinnamon Muffins with GoGo squeeZ Apple Cinnamon Applesauce we had. They already love the taste of the applesauce and we thought it would be a great new way to incorporate it into a healthy snack time.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
I remember baking from scratch with both of my grandmothers, as well as my mom. These are memories I hold dear to my heart and I pray my children will as well. Giving them simple jobs or supervising them as we go allows them to really learn how to maneuver in the kitchen. And they truly appreciate the foods they make. The Apple Cinnamon muffins were easy and fun for us all to make together.
- (1) 3.2 oz pouch of GoGo squeeZ Apple Cinnamon Applesauce on the Go
- ¾ cup sugar (adjust sugar to taste)
- ½ cup butter + 2 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix ½ cup butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fluffy.
- Add entire pouch of GoGo squeeZ Apple Cinnamon Applesauce on the Go.
- Pour dry ingredients in slowly and beat until well blended.
- Spoon into muffin pan (with or without liners) and bake 12-14 minutes, or until golden.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and stir in cinnamon, to taste. Brush melted mixture over top of each muffin.
- Bake 2-3 minutes longer to create perfect baked-in topping.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is perhaps one of the best ways I have found to get the girls to eat a nice warm, on-the-go breakfast during the colder months. They are perfect with a glass of milk and can easily be packaged alongside a pouch of GoGo squeeZ when prepping lunches.
GoGo Play Day
GoGo squeeZ is holding their first official GoGo Play Day on January 11, 2014. The fun kicks off at 1:11pm in each U.S. time zone. The squeeZ Squad will be traveling to 11 different cities throughout the US, including New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Aspen, Boston, Atlanta, Tampa, Miami, San Francisco, Dallas, and Bay Area, with free products and exciting surprises.
Watch for details on the GoGo squeeZ Facebook beginning on January 5th on how you can join the Play Day kick-off events. Plus, you can throw your own Play Day at home by sharing your pictures, videos, and stories on social media using the hashtag #GoGoPlayfully.
How do you plan on spending the Play Day?
I say just get out there and make it a great day with your kids!
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.