Life has a funny way of working out sometimes. For example, I have never worn makeup on a regular basis. My dad would buy purses full of makeup and tell me to learn to wear it and to carry it in the purse. I gave it all away.
Choosing the Right Moisturizer
Now, I have 4 daughters who love to wear makeup. Even better? Their brother – our only son – is a certified makeup artist. Whenever the opportunity arises to get all dolled up, he is the one they call on. Whether it’s everyday makeup or a special occasion, he is the expert on everything from beauty accessories to skin care.
Therefore, when I asked him for tips on wearing moisturizer, he easily gave me
5 tips for choosing the right moisturizer.
- Look for Vinyl Dimethicone, the second ingredient found in Olay Luminous Whip, as it acts as a good primer for makeup. It’s sticky and helps makeup adhere better.
- Picking the right moisturizer for your specific skin type will help with makeup longevity.
- Matte finish moisturizer, such as Olay Luminous Whip, helps control oil production for oily skin types.
- Olay’s Active Rush Technology that transforms from cream to liquid on skin for instant absorption is ideal for dry skin and will help makeup apply more evenly.
- Select a moisturizer with pore perfecting ingredients that will help to keep makeup from settling into fine lines and pores.
Olay Luminous Whip delivers lasting radiance without the shine. The light as air finish makes this moisturizer the perfect primer to help makeup set and stay throughout the day.
According to my son, the best primer for makeup is moisturizer! In fact, he says the best way he can explain it to his clients is this:
A good moisturizer is like painting a wall; if you don’t put the primer down the paint won’t look good.
How do you choose the right moisturizer?
Breakthrough Whip moisturizer delivers powerful skincare with a light as air finish. Find Olay Whips at a CVS near you.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Olay. The opinions and text are all mine.