Did you know the Toyota Sienna has been in production for 25 years?
Over this time, Toyota has worked to improve the technology and safety features of the minivan, as well as the design and passenger comfort.
The culmination of this work is easily shown in the
2022 Toyota Sienna Platinum
The introduction of hybrid-only Sienna in 2021 was the fourth-generation of the minivan. The 2022 model brings even more new features to the design influenced by the character of an SUV.
The 2022 Sienna is offered in LE, XLE, sporty XSE, luxurious Limited and ultra-plush Platinum trims. Already well equipped in the LE grade, each grade adds more amenities and tech.
For example, all 2022 Sienna models come standard with second-generation Toyota Safety Sense (TSS 2.0) that includes:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- Lane Departure Alert with Lane Trace Assist
- Full Speed Adaptive Cruise Control
- Automatic High Beams
- Cyclist Detection
- Road Sign Recognition
As well as Toyota’s Star Safety System:
- Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Traction Control (TRAC)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Smart Stop Technology (SST)
Not to mention, 10 airbags throughout the vehicle, a rear passenger seatbelt reminder, Electric Parking Brake (EPB), as well as Rear Seat Reminder.
Curious about standard features? Starting with the LE, you will find:
- Power-sliding doors
- LED headlights
- Three-zone automatic climate control
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Second-row sunshades
- Seven USB ports
- 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six-speaker audio system
Upgrade to the 2022 Toyota Sienna Platinum trim and you’ll also get:
- Premium leather seating
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated seats in the second row
- Extendable footrests for the second-row captain’s chairs
- Wireless charging pad
- Upgraded headlights
- Power-folding exterior mirrors
- 12-speaker JBL audio system
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- 360-degree camera and parking assist
- Third-row sunshades
The heated seats and extendable footrests in the rear go a long way for backseat passengers. Not to mention, the second row gets 39.9-inches of legroom, while the third row gets 38.7-inches.
If you’re needing storage space with all rows in place, you’ll find 33.5 cu. ft. of cargo space to utilize.
Furthermore, if technology is what you’re looking for, the 2022 Sienna has that onboard too (availability varies by trim):
- Toyota Audio (standard on LE grade): includes a 9-in. touchscreen, six speakers, Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay® and Amazon Alexa compatible, seven USB media ports, hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology, SiriusXM® with 3-month Platinum Plan trial subscription, Safety Connect® with 1-year trial and Wi-Fi Connect with up to 3 GB within a one-month trial.
- Toyota Audio Plus (standard for XLE, optional for LE): adds AM/FM/HD radio, eight speakers, Siri® Eyes Free, Safety Connect® with 3-year trial and Wi-Fi Connect powered by AT&T (up to 3GB within a one-month trial).
- Toyota Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation (standard on XSE): adds navigation to the Toyota Audio Plus system.
- Toyota Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation and JBL® Premium Audio (standard on Limited and Platinum, optional for XLE and XSE): features 12 speakers including subwoofer and 1,200-watt amplification, plus Clari-Fi® digital restoration.
The minivan also features seven USB ports across all three rows, 1,500-watt inverter with 120V AC outlet (XLE grade and above), and a Digital Rearview Mirror and 1080p HD Entertainment Center with 11.6-in. display, HDMI input, remote control and two wireless headphones (optional on XLE and XSE, standard on Limited and Platinum).
Don’t worry, Toyota even put careful consideration into driver’s experience.
The Sienna Platinum comes standard with a 10-inch color head-up display, controlled with steering wheel switches. The display projects vital information at eye level, such as speed, navigation directions and TSS 2.0 functions.
A super-modern instrument panel features bold, horizontal layers to express a wide and spacious interior, with a large center touch display and handy storage capability.toyota.com
The Bridge Console, an innovative departure from common minivan interior layouts, is ergonomically positioned high between the driver and passenger for ease of use and elegantly connects the instrument panel to the center armrest.
This unique feature contributes to a more comfortable driving experience. The shifter and other vital controls are all within easy reach, along with cup holders, available wireless charger and ample storage bins for smaller items.
Beneath the bridge is a large open area for convenient storage of larger personal items such as a purse or bag.
Finally, an important factor for many of us, fuel economy.
The Toyota Hybrid System II charges the hybrid battery automatically as the vehicle drives. With its 18-gallon fuel tank, the Sienna offers more than 600 miles of driving range, so drivers have fewer stops for fuel.
This also means there is no need to ever recharge the hybrid battery pack.
Honestly, there’s still so much more to the 2022 Toyota Sienna!
Stop by your local Toyota dealer or find out more at toyota.com