One of the challenges we face most often as a large family, other than finding a table when dining out, is getting everyone there in one vehicle.
Disclosure: We were loaned this vehicle in order to facilitate this review. No other compensation was given. All opinions are 100% my own.
Yes, our older children have their own cars, but we actually all like riding together.
2019 Subaru Ascent
From the moment I climbed inside the 2019 Subaru Ascent at the Texas Truck Rodeo, I was in love.
I had never once considered owning a Subaru until I was able to ride in the backseat of the Ascent.
Not only was I taken back by the comfort of the seat and ample legroom, but I really enjoyed the family-focused features:
- 7- or 8-passenger configurations (the eight passengers was a game-changer for me)
- Panoramic power moonroof (we all love this feature)
- Spill-resistant seat material (hello, parents!)
- Three-zone automatic climate control system with large air vents for all three rows
- 60/40 split fold-down second-row seat-back with armrest and dual cupholders
- 60/40 split fold-down third-row seatback
- Dual retractable second-row cupholders (with 19 cupholders total!)
- Rear doors open 75 degrees for improved access to the third row
- Front and second-row heated seats (part of the All-Weather Package for Premium models)
- Up to eight USB charging ports are available throughout the cabin and a 120-volt power outlet (exclusive to touring) based in the rear of the center console allows charging for multiple electronic devices
- Second-row reading lights are standard on all models (third-row lights are standard on Premium, Limited, and Touring)
Honestly, I feel like I could keep listing the features we love, but you get the point, right? The 2019 Subaru Ascent was built for families!
Plus, knowing safety is an important factor for me, as a mom, I’m sure other parents consider it as well when looking for a family vehicle. In fact,
Standard EyeSight includes Adaptive Cruise Control; Pre-Collision Braking and Throttle Management; Lane Departure Warning; and Lane Keep Assist.
Let’s look at more of the 2019 Subaru Ascent safety features:
- Subaru Advanced Frontal Airbags; Front seat side pelvis/torso airbags; side curtain airbags with rollover sensor; driver’s knee airbag
- Automatic power door locks with airbag deployment release
- Brake Assist and Brake Override systems
- Blind Spot Detection with Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Reverse Auto Braking, High Beam Assist, and Steering Responsive Headlights
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) detects pressure changes in individual tires
- Whiplash reducing front seats
All of this, as well as all the tech features you would hope to find in your family car: Apple CarPlay™, Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity and audio streaming, rear vision camera, and SiriusXM® services.
Not to mention, the Ascent comes standard with a 6.5-inch Multimedia system and higher trim levels feature 8.0-inch Multimedia Plus and 8.0-inch Multimedia Navigation systems.
And, for the first time, available in-car Wi-Fi connectivity provides smooth internet access via high-speed LTE™ communications, broadening the range of entertainment options available to second and third-row occupants using smart devices.
Put all of these features together, in addition to much more both under the hood and around the body of the SUV, and you will discover why the 2019 Subaru Ascent is currently my top pick for a large family SUV!