Disclosure: We were loaned this vehicle in order to facilitate this review. No other compensation was given. All opinions are 100% my own.
With at least five of us in the car each time we go somewhere, you can imagine that it’s important to find a vehicle that fits us all comfortably.
At least five of us, anyway.
But, it seems that lately, as the girls get older, we always have at least one more in tow as well.
Finding a vehicle with a roomy cabin for six can be even more of a challenge. Yet it seems the 2018 Lexus GX 460 accepted that challenge — and more than met our expectations.
2018 Lexus GX 460
We have a large family, so we’re used to making things work for us. With 8 currently in our home, going places – with all of us in one car – doesn’t happen very often.
But, as I mentioned, it’s usually Colby and me with the three youngest girls, plus at least one friend.
We took the Lexus GX 460 on a short road trip and found that it perfectly fit our needs.
Not only was it roomy, but it also offered great features to make our day trip much more manageable with a full car.
In fact, here are our favorite features of the 2018 Lexus GX 460 Luxury for road trips:
- Second-row captain’s chairs: It may sound silly to some, but when you’re on the road, with more than one kid, it helps to let everyone have a bit of space to call their own. Plus, a tilt-and-slide makes slipping into the third row much easier.
- Third-row seats: Again, the more seats the better for a family our size. No one has to touch anyone else and we can all ride in peace. And, if you don’t have passengers in that row, you can easily fold them down flat to hold luggage/cargo.
- 10-way power-adjustable front seats: Of course, the driver and co-pilot get exceptional seats since their job requires the most work on the road! Not only do the front seats offer a comfortable ride, but they also come equipped with lumbar adjustability to ease the back on long drives.
- Three-zone automatic climate control: Accessible from the rear seat, the third set of controls allows passengers to control the interior air filter, smog sensor, and automatic recirculation mode to help ensure the comfort of everyone in the vehicle.
- Dual-screen Rear-Seat Entertainment System: I am not ashamed to admit that we let the kids enjoy some screen time on long drives. Sometimes, it’s simply worth our sanity. You can even get multiple viewing options for multiple passengers so there’s even less complaining!
- Navigation System: The co-pilot can only help so much, believe me. Having up-to-date traffic and weather information, 3D city views, and simulated views of approaching highway junctions, can help the driver get everyone to their destination safer. Plus, the GX 460 displays the current speed limit and can even automatically display nearby gas stations if you begin to run low on fuel.
Most importantly, the 2018 Lexus GX 460 has a host of safety features to keep you safe on the road, including:
- Wide-View Front and Side Monitor System
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- High-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Pre-Collision System with a Driver Attention Monitor
- Brake Assist
- Intelligent High-Beam Headlamps
- Lane Departure Alert
- Intuitive Parking Assist
Not to mention, airbags, rain-sensing wipers, LED fog lamps, and much more.
With three trim models (GX, GX Premium, GX Luxury), you can easily customize and build the SUV to meet your family’s needs.
What features do you want on your Lexus GX 460?
Learn more about the 2018 Lexus GX 460 at your local Lexus dealer!