Looking at the impressive, sleek design of the 2014 Mazda3 s Grand Touring, you may not be surprised once you step inside. The interior of the hatchback is filled with technology and luxury for its passengers.
Mazda3 s Grand Touring
As soon as you slide into the leatherette-trimmed sport seats of the Mazda3 s Grand Touring, you are enveloped in a sea of affluence. The power sliding-glass moonroof , internet radio integration, and Mazda Connect™ infotainment system are just a few pieces of great technology you will find inside. Perhaps my favorite feature is the Active Driving Display.
Active Driving Display projects speed, navigation info, and other information onto a clear screen that pops up above the gauge cluster. This functionality enables the driver to keeps their eyes on the road ahead while continuing to monitor their speed and such. The display can be set to show a variety of items based on the driver’s settings. For instance:
- Vehicle Speed Setting Using Cruise Control
- Turn-by-Turn Directions
- Distance and Lane Guidance
- Lane Departure Warning System Operation and Warnings
- Smart City Brake Support Operation and Warnings
Each of the features can be adjusted using the “Settings” button the vehicle’s Home Screen. When not in use, the clear panel folds back into the dash and out of the way.
The Mazda3 Grand Touring also features Mazda’s SKYACTIV engine technology. This means that the driver will find more power under the hood without compromising on fuel efficiency. The estimated fuel economy is 32 mpg which is significant in its class.
From the front to the back, you will find comfort and convenience. The Rain-sensing windshield wipers and Adaptive Front Lighting System make driving the car in various situations easier on the driver. Passengers can enjoy the power sliding-glass moonroof with one-touch open as well as the dual-zone automatic climate control system and heated front seats. Not to mention each of the features of the aforementioned Mazda Connect™ infotainment system:
- 7-inch full color touch screen display
- Multi-function Commander control
- Infotainment system voice command
- Rearview camera
- Mazda navigation system
- Bose® 9 speaker surround sound system with Centerpoint® 2 and AudioPilot® 2
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/HD Radio
- Pandora®, Stitcher™ and Aha™ internet radio integration
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 4-month trial subscription
- SMS text message auto deliver and voice reply
- E911 automatic emergency notification
- Roof-mounted “shark fin” antenna
The 2014 Mazda3 s Grand Touring 5-door offers an enhanced driving experience. The enhancements that Mazda is made in the new year model offer a fun, interactive ride down the road in a bit of luxury.