No doubt that the Lexus brand is synonymous with luxury. The name resonates with both comfort and convenience. After taking a road trip in the 2014 Lexus LX 570, I have to admit that those descriptions fit well.
2014 Lexus LX 570
Finding a vehicle that can fit our entire family of 7 is not easy. Therefore, when we took a look inside the Lexus LX 570, the first thing we noticed was the third row seat. Granted it may be best fitting for the younger girls and their shorter legs, but at least we could fit everyone. The second thing the girls all noticed? The Dual-screen DVD Rear-Seat Entertainment System. I cannot say that Colby and I did not take note of that as well considering the road trip we had planned.
As you glance around the interior of the LX 570, you will notice extravagance throughout the SUV. Starting in the front seats, you will find heated front seats are standard or both heated and ventilated front seats plus heated middle-row seats are an available option. Not only is the interior leather-trimmed, but you will see a mahogany wood interior trim as well. Both combine to create an atmosphere of luxury as your drive along the road.
But, the interior is filled with much more than comfortable seating and beautiful trim.
Inside the LX 570 you will also find several features that provide comfort and entertainment for those longer road trips, as well as day-today activities.
- Dual-Screen DVD Rear-Seat Entertainment System: As I mentioned before, our girls were thrilled to see two 7.0″ LCD screens behind the front headrests. They also found a wireless remote and 2 sets of wireless headphones to fully immerse themselves as we drove. The dual screens, in addition to the A/V input jacks and 3-prong electrical outlet, give the option to enable 2 video sources to be viewed at the same time. So, as one watches a movie the other can play a game. Perfect for when you have such different in ages/personalities as we do.
- Output Speaker Option: Going right along with the DVD Entertainment System, I can tell you that having the option to turn off the movie in the vehicle’s speaker system is a BIG thing! Colby and I were thrilled to be able to listen to the SiriusXM Satellite Radio as we drove rather than every movie they watched both there and back. Sometimes it’s the little things.
- Backup Camera: When you are loaded up and ready to take off, the backup camera is ideal for taking every step to be safe in the LX 570. Being able to view the objects and people behind the SUV gave us better peace of mind before backing out of each parking spot we encountered on our drive.
- Wide-View Front and Side Monitor System with Intuitive Parking Assist: Speaking of parking. Wow! The wide-angle front-mounted camera not only helps you see around blind corners,but it also is perfect for parking. You can easily see how close you are to the vehicle or curb in front of you, as well as easily gauge whether or not you have parked straight. I also found it very beneficial when pulling off side streets with overgrown bushes. The camera extends your front viewing capabilities and helps you feel safer as you drive.
- SiriusXM NavTraffic™, NavWeather™, and Fuel Guide: Need to check fuel prices or weather around you? With a simple push of a button, you can find out where the closest location to stop for gas is, upcoming traffic situations, and weather along your path. Ideal for any road trip and can be essential to getting where you need to be.
- Four-Zone Automatic Climate Control: When everyone in the vehicle seems to have a different personal setting when it comes to climate, you need this feature! Enough said.
- Cool Box: Not to mention, need to keep some drinks cool on the drive? No problem! There is a Cool Box in the front seating area perfect for a few refreshments on the drive. Love this!
- 10-Airbag System: Last, but certainly not least… because safety is of utmost importance, there are 10 airbags to help ensure the safety of the driver and all of the passengers. They include: front passenger’s twin-chamber airbag, driver’s and front passenger’s knee airbags, front and rear Roll-Sensing Curtain Airbags, front seat-mounted side airbags, rear seat-mounted side airbags.
Crazy thing is, this list doesn’t even begin to touch on the many features and perks you can find once you step inside the 2014 Lexus LX 570. These are just the tip of the iceberg and what I found most helpful and practical for a road trip.
There is so much more to see once you discover the SUV yourself. And, believe me, you are going to want to take a look for yourself.