❝Today, be aware of how you are spending your 1,440 вєαυтιfυℓ мσмєитѕ, and spend them wisely.❞ – Author Unknown
When I look back over this past year, I begin to see the many reasons I have to celebrate.
When I lost my mom 19 days before my 43rd birthday, I couldn’t see ever celebrating my birthday again.
My mom, the one who brought me into this world, was gone and I no longer felt the desire to celebrate the day.
This is 4️⃣5️⃣
But, if I’m being honest, I’ve never been one to celebrate myself. Birthdays have never been my favorite.
It’s not my age. I don’t care about that. I simply don’t see a reason to have everyone pour attention on to me. In fact, I hate that part.
But, this year, I tried to look back and reflect on the moments that made my life more joyous.
Those moments became my focus.
The ones that took my breath away and made me grateful for another breath.
Then I considered the situations and circumstances I’ve found myself in over the years, and what I’ve learned from them.
Here are 10 life lessons I came up with:
- Live each moment to the fullest. You never know when it’ll be your last.
- Try everything at least once. We only get so many chances.
- Do things that pull you out of your comfort zone. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” -Neale Donald Walsch
- Live life your own way. Don’t settle or do things according to what others think. Write your own story.
- Believe in Y O U. Not the things people think or say about you.
- Never let anyone steal your joy. Don’t give anyone else that power. It’s yours.
- Ignore the haters. Never feed them. Let them hate while you continue to exude love.
- Let your heart be filled with compassion and empathy for others. It will change the way you care for others.
- Admit when you’re wrong. The greatest apology goes beyond saying, “I’m sorry;” it’s making a change.
- Love your family. Be present when you’re with them. Always say, “I love you.”
And for when your day arrives, “нαρρу вιятн∂αу!” 🎈
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.